Lately I’ve been gathering some amazing ideas for Christmas for my job with the Canvas Factory and posting one idea every day on their Facebook page. I’ve come across some outstanding – and quite a few cheap – ideas for Advent calendars, and so thought I’d share a few ideas with you here 🙂
1. Wrap 24 books & put them under the tree for the kids to choose one each night before Christmas. They don’t even need to be new books – they could be ones you already have in the cupboard but haven’t read yet, or even second hand books.
2. I love this Christmas bucket Advent idea – you could have a different activity for each day and you wouldn’t necessarily need to number them either, so it’s a surprise for you too! Source
3. If you’re feeling crafty, here’s a beautiful scrapbooking Advent calendar using ‘library pockets’ or seed packets. Source
4. I absolutely adore this idea: giving experiences rather than things in an Advent calendar. For example ‘decorate cookies’, ‘drive around to see the lights’ and ‘write a letter to Santa’. Source
5. Here’s an envelope Advent calendar and inside each day is a story, an activity and a song. Fantastic idea to keep the kids busy! Source
6. One of my amazing friends made this beautiful Advent Calendar for me – it’s a square canvas, painted, with envelopes for putting activities, songs, book names or whatever we want in there. I love it!